“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without the loss of enthusiasm.” -Winston Churchill

Yes, I know, it is terrible to start an essay with a quotation. I am not really a fan of quotes, all thanks to Google. Nonetheless, it is the only thing I could think of right now. I am supposed to do my Biology homework, but laziness has struck me again.

People say I love bugging other people, and yes, they are correct. Others say I hate the world, partly correct. Some say I am smart, no comment. However, from how I understand and know myself, I am a person that is intrigued by other people’s despair, indeed, I am an evil person. My pride feeds on other people’s misery, but which I do tolerate, although I am completely conscious of this. There is no denial that few (many?) people do not like my attitude. Ironically, I am an open-minded person, that’s why when these two attributes clash, well; let’s just say brains splatter all over the room. I am a moody person, and sometimes very fascinatingly (narcissisms?) capable of hiding my true emotions, now that’s something few people know.

So what does this all have to do with me? Well, I don’t know, but I am sure that it has something to do with my dream of being an advice columnist someday. I have had heard many problems from other people, and I give them pieces of advice *giggles* drawn from my own personal experience.

When the pride meets the hopeless, there is tension in the room. And no one, even mathematical equations, can loosen it up. There is little I can do in this matter, since I am in lack of precise details, so I’ll just do a general wrap up of these two personalities. Pride, being also part of the original seven deadly sins, can be hindrance to one’s personal goals. It can, sometimes, somehow, be part of social downfall. Since it is a very strong and sensitive personality, it affects many people, in many ways. The hopeless, passive and doubtful, has something hidden within. Something bad, or something good, only God knows. It does not fully understand itself, and gives uncertainty to everything it does. But, it is more accessible than Pride.

No, I do not want wrestling b’s on the floor, but rather understanding each other. If pride lowers its pride, and the hopeless, possibly untangle its self from its doubting web lines, then there is peace. I don’t want any acquaintances torn down, nor should I repeat, wrestling b’s on the floor. Every problem is hard to start to answer; which formula should you use, or should you factor this term out, or should you just rip your paper into buzzillion pieces. And if you think you have the space for acceptance of your own mistakes, feel free to confide me. Problems should not be rushed, nor should they be escaped. It takes time, time to realize, time to accept, and time to build up the self-respect, not that once been lost, but rather once been humiliated. I respect your opinions if you do not need me in this, just tell me. But I positively wish that this be no longer than a short lived high school life. As I said, it takes time.

1 Comment:

  1. Catherine said...
    Okay. Fine. I have drawn a conclusion mercilessly from this post...

    Wanna know?


    YOU. HAVE. A. WRITING TALENT!!!!! Either that or you really do have a penchant for blogs! Kudos to this newly found talent of yours.

    As far as pride meets the hopeless, I think you'll pass. Definitely. But I gotta commend your openmindedness. you're a realist. True to the heart. Don't ever erase it from your system... maybe just... block it from escaping with an epidemic.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home