I Wish I Was 6 Again...


When 1-peso coins were worth a kingdom.
When a dash of sugar wasn’t enough for my oatmeal.
When a honking ice cream truck can make me smile.
When I can eat spaghetti and pretend I’m Santa Clause with my pasta beard.
When I can eat spaghetti without worrying stains on the table.
When I had nothing else in mind but to eat the next candy I see.
When I had my milk bottle tucked under my pillow so my sister wouldn’t see.
When I still had a Disney themed cake on my birthdays.
When I still laughed at the corniest jokes.
When I still loved math.
When I still played ice-water during recess.
When I wanted nothing else but to have fun.
When I was soaring high for my dreams unburdened by my crisp knowledge.

So I could learn to ride a bike and let the warm wind touch my cheeks.
So I could learn to love music.
So I could take back what wrong things that I’ve said.
So I could watch Toy Story 2 in big screen.
So I could learn how to draw.
So I could recount the stars in the vast skies without the worries of hopelessness.
So I could listen to my grade 3 English teacher.
So I could kiss her again and again.
So I could relive the happiest memories with my family.
So I could learn how to appreciate art.
So I could learn to love.
So I could forget to hate.
So I could be free.

Are you feeling the same way?

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    when you were 6 i was 9...
    i don't want to go back.
    i had the most excruciating Chinese teacher.
    And it was rewarding not to ever see her again.
    but i do feel drunk. and feel like i was 6 again, wherein you were 3yrs old. kamukha mo pa si jacob.
    Mr. Spam said...
    hahaha. cute cute cute ko noon!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home