Top 1: Most Annoying
Did + past simple tense
Sample sentence: I didn’t knew.
Correct: I didn’t know.
Comment: This is the most annoying for me. It makes me want to shoot the person at the head whenever I hear this absolute grammatical suicide.

Top 2: Stupidest
There, they’re, their
Sample Sentence: Their are they’re projects. There really well crafted.
Correct: There are their projects. They’re really well crafted.
Comment: It’s the stupidest because it’s just a simple homophone. I believe this was taught in second grade, and now I’m in my second year in high school and still I hear this. And worse, I still READ them. This case goes with it’s/its, his/he’s, et cetera.

Top 3: Most Common
Has and have
Sample sentence: Living organisms has the ability to blah-blah-blah.
Correct: Living organisms have the ability to blah-blah-blah.
Comment: Geez, it’s a simple has and have. This is commonly paired with a very childish is/are mistake. I mean, they follow the same rule, don’t they?

Top 4: Most Sickening

Subject verb agreement (SVA)
Sample sentence: The kid and her mom is beautiful; The director and producer are working hard for the movie.
Correct: The kid and her mom are beautiful; The director and producer is working hard for the movie.
Comment: Really, you think this doesn’t exist? SVA is the first thing you need to get hold of when trying to learn the English grammar. But honestly, this took me a while to fully comprehend (if not master).

Top 5: Most Accepted
Prepositions
Sample Sentence: I rode in the bus to Calamba for our family reunion; I talked to her on the phone the whole night; I was walking in the streets when I saw a dead cat.
Correct: I rode on the bus to Calamba for our family reunion. I talked with her on the phone the whole night; I was walking on the streets when I saw a dead cat.
Comment: I haven’t fully mastered this. It still gives me confusion, but at least now I know more than one thing or another that one needs to survive the world. Anyway, Filipinos are branded poor in (at?) prepositions. Ha ha!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ui....... grabe hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! oo nga tama ka sa nilagay i think every one thinks like this hahahahahahaha!!!! sige bye....



    - secret hahahaha =)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home