(A Run-On Paragraph)
By Nuevo [for the contest, for my hospitalization, and for my MoA trip!]

Okay, so the title maybe a bit off but I really couldn’t think of anything better, so I had to stick with the cheesiest one I could get. It’s been a month since i last wrote for this blog, and I felt like I needed to feed my mind with biased “Nuevo’s-rule” insights again. My writing skills have been delusional for the past few days; I was not in the mood for anything literary for that matter. So now I’m waking up the writing genes in me and am practicing my philosophical brain again. Just yesterday, Justin asked me to write an article for him, something about science that I think Mr. Del Rosario would like. Of course, I would not have done that even with my conscience at its fullest, but the thought of “not even trying” to help really bothered me: It was writing. I wasn’t really that much of a helper. Well, part to blame besides the chocolate boxes that are stacked up in our refrigerator was my “sama ng loob” for DLSU. It was last, last Friday when our Bigkasan group (woohoo! Bigkasan rocks!) competed in DLSU. Obviously, I could not have had a “sama ng loob” if we had not won. It was not the thought of not winning (I don’t want to use losing) that had given me the “sama ng loob”, it was rather how unprofessional the judges’ decision was. Even before the program started, the contest’s criteria (note: not criterion) were given. But when all three schools had performed, it was us who had made a huge impact on the audience. But Adamson University took home the prize, I could have handled that. The judge even announced they won over us with only 1 point. “Close fight.” I said to myself. So we returned to our room after the winner was announced and ma’am Gabiane obviously went to the judges to go and get the scores. What startled us was the fact that there were not scores at all! All they gave ma’am Gabiane was a piece of scrap paper with the names of the three schools handwritten on it, and then Adamson’s encircled. Oh my gosh, I said to myself. Who would have thought that it was a professional decision and not a personal judgment? I guess that’s how it’s supposed to go. Oh well, that’ life. So in disappointment, the next day, I ate 2 boxes of chocolates. Damn, was that day good! I felt guilty though, I didn’t leave some for my brothers and sister. That Saturday evening, I got sick so I wasn’t able to come to a dinner party for my Tita Len’s parents’ homecoming. I just stayed at home, got some rest, and then I ate some more, and finally had a good night sleep. Sadly again, the next day, my 38’C fever rose to a still manageable 39’C. Yes, I was hot (literally: figuratively?). Although I slept the whole morning and I took my biogesic/tempra medicine, the fever just kept coming back. So I had no choice but to not go to school the next morning (and afternoon). I had about 3 biogesic tablets in the middle of the night which frankly nearly choked me to suffocation. That morning, I had “sweet” tocino for breakfast and a tasteless glass of homemade sugar-free calamansi juice. My mom advised me to go to the doctor with her that morning. As if I had a choice. So I changed my shirt and shorts, nearly fainting on the restroom tiles, and headed off to the doctor. When we arrived, they were still having a surgical operation, so I had to wait for the doctor. The attendant told us to take a blood test just upstairs of the building. Of course, I was freaking out deep inside. I had my first arm-blood test that day. I actually looked at the injection being pointed and inserted in my skin. It hurt a bit but I obviously managed to get through. So we waited some more for the test results to come out and also for the doctor. And in about an hour or so, the doctor came. He asked my body temperature, so my mom told him it was 39’C. The first words he uttered were “i-dextrose na yan!”. Ahh! I was scared. All I know about “alpha-d gluco pyronose”-s (I know that because it’s part of my solo lines in the competition we had, coincidence!) was that it hurts. After some handful of irritating and intimidating pamimilit, I gave in. Actually, I had two injections; the first one was a failure. I had my right arm submitted to a needle and countless number of tape gauzes and cotton. I had to text message with my untalented left had. It was a superb experience. The doctor asked us to wait ‘til 4:30 to have a blood test again. I thought, “Wow, God that’s a long time.” And so I ate a meal of spaghetti from my mom’s Jollibee order and then I slept. I slept/”just closed my eyes” ‘til 4:30 when I had my second blood test. It didn’t hurt the second time, must be love! (Ahaha!) My platelet count dropped from 200 something down to 185. Of course, it was bad. So I was rushed to a hospital (I was in a clinic.) and I was advised to stay there until I was better. My body temperature that time was a freaking 40’C (I was really hot!). In practical delusion, I didn’t know what happened that night until I woke up the next day. It was a Tuesday morning, and I had no fever! And the day passed with me not getting the fever back. It was good news indeed. The next day, my classmate Kim called me on my phone, and told me that they were having a teachers’ day celebration in the class with a bed of roses and candles set up. I was happy, since it was a whole new experience for the class and for the teachers. I was not envious, nor jealous of what they had. I knew it was for the whole class, so I had no issues about it. Luckily, that noon, I was already told to be discharged out of the hospital. Well, for that day, every class’ period, Kim called me on my phone to update me of what was happening. Every call brought a smile to me. And when noon stroke, I was out of the hospital. Horray! And I was excited to go home. When I got home, there were warm “’musta na?”s that really made my day special, not only because I came from the hospital, but also because I felt special. A day passed and Friday came, I was supposed to go out to MoA with my II-1 classmates. Friday was an odd day, not to the fact that I had a total of P1,000 in my pocket, but it just felt weird. So when I reached school and met up with my classmates, I was overjoyed. It was 9:30 when we left school and 10:00 when we arrived at MoA. The first thing we hit was the restroom, and then the cinema house. Dale, who looked unbelievably 14, was not allowed to go in. We had to stick to our motto “One for all, all for one.” So instead we headed off to CONGO GRILLE where we had our heavy lunch. The food was fine, except for the fact that the soup had a roach in it. We asked it to be replaced, and it was. We ordered bottomless iced tea, and we did get the benefit out of it. We refilled our glass approximately seven times, so not a penny was wasted. At last, we asked for the bill, which was worth P5,996.00 (VAT included). Camille happily (?) paid for it whole! Thanks, Camille. Ivy and Dale, who over-ate crispy pata and kare-kare respectively, had to go to Watson’s to buy Kremil S. On the way, we saw a spinning carousel. Which to our interest, we paid P40 for Dale to ride a horse. It was boisterously funny to see him in the rotating torture chamber. Then we saw Watson’s, beside it was a National Book Store. So Caryl and some other people went in the book store to buy some stuff, while others went to the restroom (as always) and in Watson’s. Then after a quick shop at Bench and Penshoppe by Marie, we decided to go to Timezome, where the fun really starts. On the way there, we saw a candy stand, at which Sandra bought a P200-worth of bag of gummy worms. Then after some procrastination, we were finally in Timezome. I can’t really write about the experience, since we had different walks in the arcade. All I know was that Marie got addicted to Dance Dance Revolution together with Yna and Wizel. Caryl got a billion dosage of the trivia game, and I got a taste of the House of the Dead. It was astonishingly fun! Finally, when we got home, we were tired but it was very fun. And so this ends my Run-On paragraph since I cannot say anything anymore! Ha ha! Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home